Parker Calzoni MR Series Radial Piston Motors
Parker-Calzoni MR Series radial piston motors are designed for superior performance and used in low speed-high torque (LSHT) applications throughout the world…
Available in an extremely wide displacement range, 33cc-23033cc, and pressure rated to 3,600psi continuous and 4350psi intermittent, the patented rotary motion design is achieved by use of a rotary valve and telescoping cylinder (piston) movement. The shaft contains an eccentric lobe and is rotated by a pressurized column of oil contained within telescoping cylinders. The cylinders seal against the eccentric lobe and actually push the shaft as they pressurize and extend. The rotary valve is a precise timing system that is pressure balanced and self compensating for thermal expansion. Coupled together, the rotary valve and telescoping cylinders produce a motor with extremely high mechanical and volumetric efficiency. Other features and benefits of the MR series include:
- output torque is consistently smooth, even at low speeds;
- high starting torque;
- high volumetric efficiency;
- high mechanical efficiency;
- long service life;
- resistant to thermal shock;
- solenoid operated displacement regulator (dual displacement).
The full MR range comprises:
- MR-MRE Series: LSHT small displacement radial piston motors, 33cc/rev – 8,200cc/rev fixed displacement;
- MRD Series: LSHT dual displacement radial piston motors MR, MRDE: 300cc/rev – 8,200cc/rev; dual displacement;
- MRV Series – LSHT variable displacement radial piston motors MRV, MRVE: 450cc/rev – 8,200cc/rev; variable displacement;
- MRT Series: LSHT large displacement radial piston motors, MRT, MRTE, MRTF: 7,100cc/rev – 23,033cc/rev; fixed displacement.