Parker SBV3 Series Pulsation Dampers
At Hydraulics Online, we offer a wide range of Parker accumulators, including the Parker SBV3 series pulsation dampers…
The Parker SBV3 series pulsation dampers are specially designed for installation on low pressure fuel systems, typically in marine and power generation applications, to attenuate pressure pulses (up to 40 bar/ 2.5 Litres).
The patented technology offered by the SBV3 pulsation damper removes all risks and maintenance associated with pressurised gas and no pre-charge is required as Silicone particles are used instead. This third generation of damper integrates the brand new S2 rubber mix which offers improved longevity and efficiency and the new stem adapter which provides greater reliability. The SBV3 pulsation damper is specially designed for installation on low pressure fuel systems, typically in Marine and Power Generation applications, to attenuate pressure pulses.
Features of the Parker SBV3 series pulsation dampers include:
- Longevity: The new generation of SBV offers enhanced longevity, delivering stable performance levels 35% longer than the SBV2. The new stem adapter reduces the risk of leakage; 2 to 3 times lower than the SBV2 and an improved strainer prevents silicone parts from entering the fuel system.
- Easy to install and use: The SBV3 is installed on the diesel engine inlet outlet or outlet fuel lines. The bottom side is connected to the fuel system and the external connection on the top side, to a spill detection system. No additional fluids or gas precharge are required and its lightweight construction makes it easier to handle and transport.
- Improved safety: The new stem adapter with 2 sealing zones significantly reduces the risk of hot fluid contact during inspection and maintenance. Its high pressure safety factor and enhanced leak prevention also provide improved safety features.
- Efficiency and Reliability: Offering a product lifetime of 35% longer than its former model the SBV3 offers better value for money and peace of mind. A robust shell design and improved stem adapter optimize this product for high stress and fatigue.
- Extending System Life – Cost Saving: The reduction of pressure peaks in the fuel system will prevent damage to pumps/instrumentation and reduce the costs associated with system maintenance and repair.