Finance and Administration Assistant (Part Time)
1st September, 2016… come and join us!
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for managing the purchase and sales ledger, whilst undertaking other administration tasks as part of the wider business team…
- Process the purchase ledger and sales ledger on a daily basis, ensuring all coding and costings are accurate, escalating any un-reconciled entries to the Finance Director or Sales team as necessary;
- Undertake sales ledger control, monitoring aged debtors and highlighting any problem accounts to the Finance Director;
- Assist in processing “ad-hoc” and regular supplier payments; producing and submitting proposed “payment run” information to the Finance Director to action;
- Undertake set monthly and quarterly procedures, e.g. issuing customer statements, quarterly VAT return reporting, and producing management information for the Finance Director and Sales team;
- Process credit account applications from new customers and review credit facilities for existing customers;
- Undertake any “ad-hoc” finance and admin-related tasks, as required, within the wider business, including those necessary to ensure the smooth running, and where possible, continuous improvement of the company’s ISO 9001 Quality Management System;
- Maintain, and create new, customer and supplier records using “Sage 50” software.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional and timely manner.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experienced at working as a Finance Assistant using Sage 50 Accounting, Microsoft Excel and Word and other “Office” applications;
- Professional telephony and customer service skills;
- Experience of ISO 9001 would be desirable.
- Highly organised with an ability to manage own time and work to strict deadlines;
- Thorough with an excellent attention to detail and a proven ability to solve problems;
- Strong initiative, self-motivation and an appetite for continuous improvement;
- Enthusiastic team player who communicates effectively at all levels, both written and verbal.
Working hours: 17.5/18 hours per week, flexible over 4-5 days per working week.
Salary: negotiable and based upon the experience of the successful candidate.
Holiday entitlement: pro rata, 25 working days (plus normal bank holidays) per annum.
Start date: immediate.
Closing date: only when we’ve found our ideal new team member, and not a day before!
Applications (covering letter and CV) to be submitted via: email@example.com or Hydraulics Online Ltd, Units 2 & 3 Townend Farm, Audley Road, Alsager, Cheshire, ST7 2QR.