There’s a huge range of Sun hydraulic cartridges including cavity plugs, check valves, directional cartridges and many more…
Because of their unique two-piece, floating style construction, Sun hydraulic cartridges are forgiving of cavity manufacturing variances, and provide maximum valve performance with guaranteed valve-to-valve repeatability.
- Cavity Plugs: Cavity plugs allow for the removal of cartridge valves from a circuit while still maintaining the integrity of the hydraulic system. This is often desirable when a system needs flushing following repairs, component replacements or to change an operational function within the circuit. Cavity plugs are available in all frame sizes and are offered in a variety of styles: 2 port cavities, 3 port cavities, 4 port cavities (external locating shoulder), 4 port cavities (internal locating shoulder) and 6 port cavities.
- Check Valves: Sun Hydraulics check valves feature high flow capacity relative to a small physical size. Sun check cartridges can be conveniently applied using many mounting options. They are available with free flow from port 1 to port 2 or port 2 to port 1, are available in three port versions with port 3 blocked, are capable of operating at pressures up to 5000 psi (350 bar) and are available with flow capacities up to 160 gpm (600 L/min.).
- Directional–Control Cartridges: Sun Hydraulics provides a variety of solenoid and non-solenoid directional control cartridges that include 2-, 3- and 4-way configurations. Sun directional control cartridges can be conveniently applied using many mounting options. Pilot-operated and direct acting 2-way and 3-way cartridges are available that use the same cavity, six-port pilot operated cartridges and high-pressure 2-way solenoid operated poppet valves with flow capacities up to 120 gpm (480 L/min.) also available.
- Directional Cartridges; DP**, DR**, DV**.
- Electro-Proportional Cartridges: Sun offers a variety of electro-proportionally controlled products, comprised of both direct-acting and pilot operated versions. The direct-acting versions consist of proportional flow control, reducing/relieving and the T-8A pilot stage relief models. This pilot stage relief can be directly integrated into a wide variety of mainstage elements to form the basis of the pilot operated relief and reducing product families; Relief, Reducing, Reducing/Relieving, Flow Control.
- Flow Control Cartridges: Sun Hydraulics offers 2-, 3- and 4-port flow control cartridges for metering and flow regulation. Sun flow control options include: Electro-proportional throttle valves, needle valves with or without free flow check, fully adjustable needle valves, pressure compensated valves, 3- and 4-port priority flow controls.
- Flow Divider: Sun Hydraulics flow divider and flow divider / combiner cartridges are sliding spool devices that are used to split or combine flow in a variety of applications. Sun flow divider and flow divider / combiner cartridges can be conveniently applied using many mounting options. They offer accurate divisional and combining accuracy in a small size, and high flow capacity relative to size, are available in a synchronizing version for bi-directional static error correction and operate at pressures up to 5000 psi (350 bar).
- Load Control Valve, Load Reactive: The load reactive, load control Sun hydraulic cartridges complement other existing motion control products, sharing the same cavities as CB**, CA** and CW** counterbalance valves. They feature low leakage with excellent modulation characteristics, are available in adjustable and fixed setting versions, can be installed directly into a cavity machined in an actuator housing and are available as 3 Port, Non-Vented / 3 Port, Non-Vented, Fixed Setting / 4 Port, Vented / 4 Port, Vented, Fixed Setting.
- Logic Element: Sun Hydraulics offers a broad variety of balanced and unbalanced logic switching cartridges that can be used for a variety of directional control applications. Logic modulating cartridges for pressure and flow control applications are also offered. Sun logic cartridges can be conveniently applied using many mounting options. They offer almost unlimited flexibility in logic circuit design and can be remotely piloted using other Sun pilot products. Versions include those that accept a Sun pilot control directly into the hex end of the logic cartridge for integrated pilot control and sealed pilot versions to prevent leakage between pilot and work ports.
- Pilot-to-Open Check: Sun Hydraulics’ pilot-to-open check cartridges are non-modulating, on-off devices used for holding a load or actuator in position. Sun pilot-to-open check cartridges can be directly integrated into your actuator or applied using manifolds with many mounting options. They offer protection against hose breaks, positively lock pressurized loads, are available in non-vented (3-port) and vented (3- and 4-port) versions, and are physically interchangeable with counterbalance cartridges (same number of ports, same cavities, same flow path for a given frame size).
- Pilot Control – Directional: Sun Hydraulics offers many small solenoid and non-solenoid pilot valves that can be used to provide directional pilot control. Pilot controls that feature a T-8A cavity can also be directly installed into the hex end of many of Sun’s pilot operated and ventable cartridges to provide integrated pilot control. Pilot offerings include: 2-way and 3-way 5000 psi (350 bar) solenoid cartridges, hydraulically operated 2-positon, 2-way and 2-position, 3-way pilot cartridges, air piloted 2-position, 2-way and 2-position, 3-way pilot controls and manually operated, 2-position, 2-way, intermittent pilot control.
- Pilot Control – Flow Control.
- Pilot Control – Relief.
- Reducing Cartridges: Sun Hydraulics reducing cartridges are available in different versions and can be conveniently applied using many mounting options. They are functionally interchangeable with reducing/relieving Sun hydraulic cartridges (same flow path, same cavity for a given frame size), are available in five sizes, flow rates up to 80 gpm (320 L/min.), and are fully adjustable up to and including 4500 psi (315 bar) with inlet pressures up to 5000 psi (350 bar) (except air piloted versions).
- Reducing/Relieving: Sun Hydraulics reducing/relieving cartridges are available in different versions and can be conveniently applied using many mounting options. They are functionally interchangeable with one another (same flow path, same cavity for a given frame size), are available in five sizes, flow rates up to 80 gpm (320 L/min.), are fully adjustable up to and including 4500 psi (315 bar) with inlet pressures up to 5000 psi (350 bar) (except air piloted versions) and are offered in both three- and four-port configurations.
- Relief: Sun Hydraulics offers many different pressure limiting and pressure regulating relief cartridges that can be conveniently applied using many mounting options. They are available in 2-, 3- and 4-ports and electro-proportional options, are functionally interchangeable (except pilot only versions) with valves with the same number of ports (same flow path, same cavity for a given frame size), are available in five sizes, flow rates up to 200 gpm (800 L/min.). Versions are available with an integral pilot control cavity that accepts Sun’s T-8A pilot pressure controls and they are fully adjustable up to and including 5000 psi (350 bar) (6000 psi (420 bar) intermittent) (except air piloted versions).
- Relief – After Check: The relief-after-check cartridge is a hybrid valve incorporating a direct-acting relief tee’d in after a check function. The check valve flow is from the inlet (port 2) to the system port (port1). When the pressure in the system (port 1) reaches the relief valve setting, the valve starts to open to tank (port 3), throttling flow to limit the pressure rise. These Sun hydraulic catridges are smooth and quiet, essentially zero-leak, dirt-tolerant, immune to silting and are very fast.
- Relief – Before Check.
- Sequence: Sun Hydraulics’ sequence cartridges are similar to relief cartridges except the pilot is separately drained so that valve setting is not affected by pressure in the outlet port. Sun sequence cartridges can be conveniently applied using many mounting options. They are functionally interchangeable with one another (same flow path, same cavity for a given frame size), are offered in five sizes with flow rates up to 120 gpm (480 L/min.) and are fully adjustable over a wide range of operating pressures up to and including 5000 psi (350 bar) (6000 psi (420 bar) intermittent) (except air piloted versions).
- Shuttle Valve: Sun Hydraulics offers a variety of two-, three- and four-port shuttle cartridges. All shuttle cartridges operate at pressures up to 5000 psi (350 bar). Available as single ball shuttles with or without an external port in the hex of the cartridge, back-to-back check Sun hydraulic cartridges with or without an external port in the hex of the cartridge, with low side (hot oil) shuttles for hydrostatic transmissions, high side blocked centre shuttles, high side spring offset 2-position, 2-way shuttles.
- Shuttle Valve, Insert Style.
- Solenoid Operated: The solenoid Sun hydraulic cartridges are offered in full flow or pilot flow versions. Full flow versions are available in 2-way, 3-way and 4-way functions and pilot cartridges are available in 2-way and 3-way functions. Full flow cartridge feature industrial grade solenoids and pilot catridge solenoids are rated for high pressure, no leakage operation.
So, as we said, that’s a very comprehensive range of Sun hydraulic cartridges! Don’t worry if you’re not sure about what you need, our technical team can help with that.
We would like to confirm receipt of your shipment for our initial order: PO# 07623. It was a pleasure having started working with you and we hope this is just the start of a good business relationship between our companies. Again, thank you very much and we look forward for more future business opportunities with you.Read More
Thank you, Joanna. Mark’s quote was from a technical discussion which answered many questions that I have been trying to get without success from other suppliers. Please thank Mark for his time and expertise; it was so refreshing to have a knowledgeable person rather than a sales assistant.Read More
As their North West Business Exporter of the Year, the Federation of Small Businesses asked Hydraulics Online to speak at the 2018 […]Read More
Mark’s entry into the fluid power industry was more than a little by chance but he now finds himself leading a […]Read More